last week Stuart was picking up Sam from daycare for most of the week ... but on Thursday, I went to pick him up and there is a piece of paper in his cubby and it says "Infant 4 Valentine's List". So I asked the caregiver what the list was for and she told me it was to bring valentine's gifts for the kids in the room - maybe a chocolate or something. Seriously?? A chocolate for a 12 month old?! but OK, if everyone is bringing something, I guess we have to too. So I was driving home and I thought "you know, that's kind of annoying - it's Thursday and Valentine's is Monday, they could have given us more notice than that". I get home and I'm telling Stuart this story.
S: "Oh yes, that paper has been in his cubby all week - I didn't know what it was for"
T: "HON! Anything in the cubby is supposed to come home"
S: "well, it didn't say anything other than some names"
T: "well, maybe you could ask them if you're not sure what it's for!"
So, today we made sugar cookies & wrapped them up. Dad did make up for not bringing home the paper by driving me all over to get supplies and then helping assemble the bags. And of course, Sam enjoyed the cookie making process & all the benefits kids get from baking with their moms.
licking the spoon

look who found the sugar container when mom wasn't paying attention

testing the finished product - we're still not sure how the cookies are since all he did was lick the icing off

If the face is any indication, thumbs up!

finished product....Happy Valentines from Samuel Main

No comments:
Post a Comment