Friday, April 8, 2011

bring...bring

what an exciting Friday night - including a visit from the police!!

First the cute part: Sam went in our room and got the phone and was playing with it (as he does quite frequently) - I said to him "are you calling grandma?" and he put the phone to his ear and started yelling "ama, ama" :)

Then the mortifying part: who knew that a 14 month old would actually dial 911 and manage to connect the phone?! and he had to do this while eating rocks from the plant pot. So I was focussed on the fact that he had rocks in his mouth and I grabbed the phone, pushed the talk button to make sure it wasn't connected and then I saw the number flash (91111111). I thought "uh oh, I hope that didn't dial!" and sure enough a minute later, the phone rings. "did you dial 911 and hang up?" I have to now reassure the operator that all is well and my 14mo old dialed the phone and no one else is in the house and there are no weapons and yes, I am sure that all is well (and I'm very conscientious to be very polite, apologetic & calm so they don't worry). But of course, they have to send a police officer to the house to confirm everything is OK. Really - quite embarrassing!

And all this while dad is out on a guys night! :) Mother of the year award goes to: MOI

I have no picture for this, but I thought maybe Sam was missing Uncle Devin so he wanted to see a police officer :)

1 comment:

  1. bwahahahahahaha... that's too funny! Poor mom. LOL!

    Did I ever tell you about the time we had to call 911 cause Micah got his foot stuck in a CHAIR?! And of course, living on a small island, ds was known as the "chair kid" for quite some time. Fortunately I was at work and his dad got to make that call. LOL! They sure keep it interesting...

    ReplyDelete